Five hours' drive or a one-hour flight from Lusaka, the Victoria Falls are amongst the most impressive in the world. 1,708 metres wide and 108 metres high they are the world's largest single sheet of falling water, and are without a doubt the most accessible falls to see close up.
The big difference in accommodation from the Zimbabwean side of the falls is that on the Livingstone side most lodges are located along the banks of the Zambezi River and not in Livingstone. Most of those lodges are of a high standard and are either based on full-board or all-inclusive basis and include activities around the lodge too. For those lodges we recommend a minimum stay of 3 nights. For the few lodges that are located closer towards Livingstone and usually only include breakfast and no activities, anything from 2 nights will be sufficient.
There is a wide choice of activities to choose from whilst staying in and around Livingstone:
- sunset cruises and canoeing on the mighty Zambezi
- helicopter and ultra-light flights over the falls which are both highly recommendable for a birds eye view of the falls
- walking safaris in Mosi Oa Tunya National Park to find the only rhinos in the country
- white water rafting on the Zambezi downstream from the falls though the gorges
- bungee-jumping from Livingstone Bridge
- visits to Livingstone Island
- canyoning and zip lining
- dinner train experience
Please click on one of the below links to view our sample itineraries including Livingstone and on the button at the bottom of the page for combination itineraries. If you are after a bespoke itinerary, please contact us directly to discuss your project.